Where to begin? I grew up in suburban New Jersey and longed to live on a farm in the country. My mother and Auntie taught me to sew at an early age and I was always creating something! In high school I began creating my own clothes and for my senior art project designed and made my own prom dress(note: never loan out your fabulous prom dress to a drag queen-you may never get it back!).I had plans to go to art school with a focus on textile design but instead ended up traveling all over the US and Europe with the Grateful Dead, handcrafting clothing and jewelry to support myself. I learned through that experience that what I really wanted to be doing was finding a place to put my roots down and live in harmony with the Earth. In 1992 I moved to Hawaii with 18 dollars in my pocket and dreams of sustainable living. In the years since, I met my husband, had four kids (homebirths!), and have been in the slow process of creating an off grid home and organic farm. In the late 90’s I began searching for sustainable fiber fabrics and working exclusively with them. It has been so exciting to see the evolution of sustainable fiber fabrics and be a part of this important shift!
visit soul role on etsy!
- have three last lavender hemp/ organic cotton jersey loose tank tops left! I need to make space for new items so I… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 5 days ago
- 7 year old in critical condition after being hit by a car! Help Keep Bjorn’s Mama By His Side gofundme.com/help-bjorns-mo… 1 week ago
- Big Island mama fighting cancer and now evacuated due to volcanic eruptions! Help Michelle Musli Coe Kick Cancer gofundme.com/help-michelle-… 1 week ago
- I made these in honor of my son who was the victim of #gunviolence. I will donate $1.00 for every sticker sold to… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 week ago
- ONLY 2 LEFT! ★★★★★ "This scarf is so soft and beautiful. I love it so much! Thank you!!! <3" Jennifer… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 weeks ago